OnePlus is rolling out the OxygenOS 5.0.1 update for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T.OnePlus already released the Android 8.0 Oreo based OxygenOS 5.0 update and now they released another update of OxygenOS which support for aptX HD,Wi-Fi hotspot device manager, “adaptive mode” screen calibration also added. It also fixes some general bugs.
The new updates also warns users to uninstall the FactoryMode app,users report. Factory mode previously called as Engineer mode. The FactoryMode had recently caught up in a controversy. This mode is came as pre-installed app on the Oneplus 3,3T and 5 model which was developed by Qualcomm.
How to Install OxygenOS 5.0.1 Update on OnePlus3 and 3T
There are two methods available to install OxygenOS on your device
- Enable USB debugging option from Settings → Developer option .
- To enable Developer option go to Settings → about phone → tap the build number 7 times
- Download and install ADB and fastboot driver for windows on your PC
- Download the OxygenOS 5.0.1 and copy ROM to a folder where ADB installed. Click here to download.
- Now turn off your phone and boot into recovery mode
- Choose install from ADB sideload and connect your phone to PC
- Press right shift + right click on ADB folder and open command
- Type “adb service” to check your connection succeeded or not
- Flash the OS on your device by typing adb sideload File name.xip
- Wait until the process complete and reboot the phone after complete
- Download OxygenOS zip file from your phone and save it on your internal memory
- Switch off the device and boot in to Recovery Mode by pressing Power + volume down key
- Choose Apply update and select Choose from Internal storage
- Browse and select the OTA zip file which was saved on your device
- Wait until the process complete
OnePlus co-founder Carl pei had suggested that the new Face Unlock feature of the OnePlus 5T could come to the OnePlus 3 and 3T soon as a part of future updates.